Another great weekend of Non-League action with plenty of goals in front of big crowds. Non-League Oracle’s Ryan Hall takes a look at a selection of


League leaders Tranmere Rovers remained top of the league but dropped two points against local rivals Southport by way of a 1-1 scoreline. Dagenham and Redbridge continued their good start to the campaign in front of the TV cameras, beating Wrexham 3-0. Hapless Guiseley remain rooted to the bottom of the league after a 4-1 thumping at home by Bromley, with all goals being scored in the second half. Chester secured only their second victory of the season with a 4-0 drubbing of Sutton United. York City beat Woking at Bootham Crescent 4-1, with all five goals being scored in an 18 minute period of the first half. Maidstone United went down 4-1 at home to high flyers Forest Green Rovers. Elsewhere, there were victories for Lincoln City, Aldershot Town, Barrow, Eastleigh and Torquay United.


AFC Hylde held onto top spot with a 3-2 victory over FC Halifax Town, who drop down to 5th. Tamworth consigned Bradford Park Avenue to another defeat, routing them 5-1 at The Lamb Ground. The Avenue are still seeking their first win of the season, as are Altrincham, who went down 4-2 at home to Curzon Ashton. Darlington went down 4-3 at home to Alfreton Town, their first loss of the season. Salford City remain unbeaten in the league, overcoming Gainsborough Trinity 3-2 at Moor Lane. Harrogate Town are also unbeaten this campaign, overcoming Nuneaton Town 3-1 at home. The Boro are holding up the rest of the division and have only secured one point thus far. Elsewhere, Brackley Town, Gloucester City and Chorley all collected three points from their games.


One of the rarest of rare goals was scored at Princes Park Stadium where Dartford overcame new boys Hungerford Town 2-0, with goalkeeper Deren Ibrahim scoring from a direct freekick. Maidenhead United remain top after beating bottom side Concord Rangers 1-0 away from home. Chelmsford City overcame Oxford City 2-0 in front of a crowd of 613. Poole Town secured an excellent victory over Hemel Hempstead Town, running out 4-2 winners and jumping up to fourth in the table. Margate and St Albans City won their games 3-1 in front of their home fans against Weston-super-Mare and Whitehawk respectively. Hampton and Richmond Borough continued their impressive form this season by beating Wealdstone 4-2. Bath City beat East Thurrock United whilst the spoils were shared at Eastbourne Borough and Ebbsfleet United in a scoreless encounter. A crowd of 401 saw Truro City hold Welling United in a 1-1 encounter.


Leiston made it five wins in five after making short work of Burgess Hill Town 2-0, but had to wait until the last ten minutes to secure their victory. Tonbridge Angels were also on course to win five in five after Nathan Elder had given them an early lead away to Metropolitan Police. However, Nathan Smart rescued a point with a last minute equaliser, however The Met are firmly bottom of the league. The faithful at Moatside Stadium witnessed a great game of football between Merstham and Hendon, with the North London side running out 4-3 winners. A crowd of 768 saw home side Dulwich Hamlet fall to Canvey Island by a score of 2-1. Leatherhead are still searching for an elusive first win, Harrow Borough beating them 3-1 thanks to a hat trick by Ibrahim Meite. Kingstonian secured their first victory of the season, Ryan Moss with both goals for The K’s to defeat Staines Town. Recently relegated Lowestoft Town were downed by Havant and Waterlooville. There was a shock at Woodside Road where Grays Athletic beat free scoring Worthing, their first defeat of the season.


Phoenix Sports put three past Heybridge Swifts to maintain their 100% victory with an average score of four goals per match. Aveley also scored three against Romford as they ran out winners. Brentwood Town secured their first victory of the season against Thamesmead Town, who in turn suffered their first defeat in a match which ended 2-0. Cheshunt mounted a comeback against Brightlingsea Regent after being 2-0 down at half time, scoring twice in the a 15 minute second half period to restore parity. Amazingly, they finished the game with only nine men. Wroxham remain rock bottom after losing 1-0 away from home at Thurrock.


Carshalton Athletic made it nine points out of a possible nine, as did Corinthian Casuals, both teams securing away wins against East Grinstead Town and Godalming Town respectively. Hythe Town and Horsham played out a 6 goal cracker with both teams earning a point for their efforts. South Park succumbed 2-0 to Sittingbourne, meaning the Reigate base team are still searching for their first win. Herne Bay got their first win of the season, beating Whyteleafe 2-1 whilst Dorking Wanderers tasted defeat for the first time, going down 2-1 to Tooting and Mitcham.